As I continue on my quest for practical and delicious keto recipes, here is another nugget I have unearthed. Keto dosa or savoury keto crepes that taste as good as the authentic dosa, if not better.
Dosa is a very popular South Indian dish made from raw rice and black gram dhal. This ketogenic version of dosa uses almond flour, mozzarella cheese and coconut milk.
This thin keto crepe or pancake opens up a whole new world of possibilities for those on a ketogenic diet – sandwiches, pizza, burritos, tacos, nachos, use them to layer lasagnas…the variety is limited only by your imagination.
Remember to check out my tried and tested keto naan, paneer stuffed parathas and keto uttapam recipes.
Keto Dosa or Savoury Keto Crepe Recipe
- Almond Flour – 2 Tbsp
- Shredded Mozzarella – 2 Tbsp [15 gms]
- Coconut Milk – 2 Tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cumin powder – a pinch
- Asafoetida (optional) – a pinch
- Mix all ingredients together to make a thick batter.
- Heat a wide frying pan or a dosa tawa.
Pour the batter on it and spread out in circles to make the dosa.
- Sprinkle some ghee generously over the dosa.
- You can grate more cheese on the top to give it a cheesier flavour. or you can sprinkle some chopped tomatoes, onion and green chillies to turn it into an uttapam.
- Cook on medium heat till the bottom browns to a golden color and the dosa is well cooked.
- Do not flip over. Simply fold in half and transfer to the serving plate
- Serve hot with the coconut chutney.
Note: the recipe is best followed as it is. But you can still make the following substitutions is you wish.
- You can substitute the mozzarella with 2 tbsp of beaten egg
- You can use almond milk or heavy whipping cream instead of coconut milk.
- You can use these as taco shells or as wrapping for shawarmas.
- You can add a spoonful of yoghurt to the batter for a more authentic dosa taste.
- Flax seeds can be ground up and added or flax seed powder.
Recipe credit: Headbangers kitchen