Hemp protein powders are commonly used in protein shakes for pre-workout or post-workout meals. But there is a lot more you can do with this versatile ingredient.
You can replace flour with hemp protein to make yummy pancakes and protein bars.
In fact, you can substitute a portion of the flour in any baking recipe with hemp flour to make a variety of healthy and tasty treats.
Make sure to try out the following recipes for waffles and hemp chia pudding. They are simple and easy to make at home for a nutritious meal that can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
Read more: 18 Incredible Benefits of Hemp Protein
1. High-Protein Hemp Brownies
Try out these deliciously fudgy hemp brownies. They’re vegan, gluten-free, and sugar-free – so you can indulge without any guilt!
Instead of using traditional brownie ingredients like butter, flour, and sugar, these brownies are made with hemp protein powder, chia seeds, dark chocolate, and natural sweeteners like dates.
This means you can enjoy all the decadent flavors and textures of a brownie, but with added health benefits!
- Pitted Dates – 250 g
- Chia Seeds – 2 tbsp
- Water – 70 mL
- Dark Chocolate – 50 g
- Canned Black Beans – 480 g
- Oat Milk (or hemp, soy, almond) -120 mL
- Vanilla Extract -2 tsp
- Peanut Butter -45 g
- Cocoa -50 g
- Baking Powder – 1.5 tsp
- Shelled Hemp Seeds – 45 g
- Soaking the pitted dates in a bowl of hot water for 15 minutes. Drain them well.
- In another bowl, combine chia seeds with the given water and let them soak for 10 minutes. As the seeds absorb water, they’ll form a thick, gel-like mixture.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Drain and rinse the black beans, and add them to a food processor.
- Add the softened dates, oat milk, and vanilla extract to the food processor. Blend all until you have a creamy, moist, and slightly compact, smooth dough.
- Next, transfer the black bean dough into a bowl and add the chia seeds, peanut butter, sifted cocoa powder, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Mix thoroughly until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Now, stir in the melted dark chocolate and the hemp seeds.
- Transfer the brownie dough into a 20 cm (8 inches) square baking tin lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 200°C (390°F) in static mode.
- Once ready, transfer the brownie slab onto a wire rack and let it cool down completely in the fridge before cutting it into squares.
2. Pomegranate and Hemp Protein Chia Pudding
You’re going to love this gluten-free vegan blackberry pomegranate and hemp protein chia pudding.
This recipe is perfect for breakfast or dessert. It’s not only delicious, but it’s also nutritious and easy to make! Plus, it’s plant-based, so it’s suitable for vegans as well.
Best of all, you can whip up this tasty pudding in just about 5 minutes – perfect for those busy mornings or when you need a quick and healthy snack.
- Almond milk – 1 cup (or any milk of your choice)
- Chia seeds 1/4 cup
- Maple syrup – 2 tbsp (or 1 ripe banana)
- Hemp protein powder – 1 tsp
- Blackberry – 1 tbsp (and some more for topping)
- Pomegranate seeds – 1 tbsp
- Add all the ingredients for the chia seed pudding to a mason jar, seal the lid tightly, and shake vigorously until everything is blended together.
- Vigorously shake or whisk the ingredients until everything is well combined.
- Place the mason jar in the refrigerator for approximately 60 minutes, or until the chia pudding firms.
- When ready to serve, remove the chia pudding from the refrigerator, stir, then add the blackberries and pomegranate seeds to the top.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
3. Hemp Protein Waffles
These waffles are perfect for satisfying your cravings for a tasty breakfast without compromising on your health goals. Plus, they’re easy to make – all you need is a waffle maker and a few simple ingredients like hemp protein powder, gluten-free flour, and plant-based milk.
Give these waffles a try – they’re the perfect way to get your protein fix in style while enjoying a delicious and healthy breakfast.
- Hemp milk – 1/4 cup (Blend together 1 tbsp hemp seed + 1/4 cup water)
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Maple syrup – 2 tbsp
- Hemp protein powder- ¼ cup
- Gluten-free flour of your choice -1 cup
- Baking powder -1 tsp
- Combine the soy milk, melted coconut oil, and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to a large bowl and make sure they are thoroughly mixed through.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and combine.
- Cook in your waffle iron on high until crispy and delicious!
- Top with fresh fruit and maple syrup