Bulletproof Coffee is a keto drink made using coffee, MCT oil, and butter. Using pink salt and cinnamon adds a unique flavor to this rich and creamy coffee drink.
Bulletproof Coffee offers you a steady boost of energy without any of the associated jitteriness or caffeine crash. This drink is also known as keto coffee or butter coffee. It’s filled with healthy fats that keep hunger pangs at bay, allowing you to stay in ketosis.
Keto coffee is also great for those following fasting regimens. Although taking any food will technically break the fast, drinking bulletproof coffee doesn’t cause an insulin spike. Thus you are able to continue enjoying the benefit of fasting.
Here’s a quick and delicious recipe for making bulletproof coffee:
- 1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee
- 1-2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp of MCT oil
- Cinnamon powder (optional)
- Mix butter and MCT oil with a few tablespoons of hot coffee.
- Now add in the remaining cup of coffee and stir well.
- You can use a blender to create a frothier drink, but be careful not to splash any of the hot liquid.
- If desired, sprinkle some cinnamon powder before serving the drink.
- You can use unsalted butter if you like the flavor.
- Add a pinch of Himalayan pink salt to make this drink even healthier.
- If you are not familiar with using MCT oil, then start with a tsp or 2 of MCT oil. Gradually build up to a tablespoon or two, as your body gets used to it.
- You can adjust the ratio of butter and MCT oil to your preference.
- You can sprinkle cocoa powder on top of the drink.
- Grate some dark chocolate over it to take this drink to the next level.