Every tiny bit of fat loss effort adds up and if consistent with your attempts, these bits can add up to make quite a noticeable difference on your waistline. Consuming spicy foods is one more step in the healthier direction.
Spicy foods can decrease your appetite. Flavoring your food using herbs and spices helps to cut down the intake of salt. They help increase calorie burning by stepping up your metabolism.
Certain spices can even target visceral belly fat. These include:
- Red chilies
Protein intake also boosts fat burning. The combination of protein and fat-burning spices will boost your belly fat loss and help you reach your goal weight faster.
Try out a few of these recipes to feel the burn!
3 Ingredient Ginger Latte
Almond milk is mixed with sweet ginger syrup to make this perfectly gingery drink that’s creamy and soothing! You can substitute the almond milk with any milk of your choice, such as soy or coconut milk.
Ginger and cinnamon boost metabolism and fat burning. It has both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Make the sweet ginger syrup by boiling together:
- Water – 1 cup
- Raw cane sugar or jaggery – ½ cup
- Chopped fresh ginger – ½ cup
Ginger latte recipe:
- Almond milk – 1 cup
- Ginger syrup – 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder – for topping
- Add ginger syrup to a warm cup of milk. Mix well.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top. Your fat-burning high protein drink is ready.
Indian Chilli Chicken
Loaded with red chili powder and garlic, this chicken dish is a delicious way to burn some calories.
Serving quantity is important. Do not eat more than 3 to 6 oz of protein per meal. The calories from excess protein get stored as body fat.
Use minimum oil to prepare the dish. Rather than batter fry the chicken pieces, it’s better if you can lightly saute the chicken pieces after marinating them. Serve these bold flavors with a low-carb dish such as zucchini noodles.
Indian chilli chicken recipe:
- Chicken – 300 grams
- Butter/oil- 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Cornflour -1 tbsp
For the gravy:
- Onion – 2 medium-sized ones
- Garlic paste/chopped garlic – 1 tbsp
- Capsicum/ red or yellow bell peppers – ½ cup
- Chili powder – 2 tsp
- Soy sauce- 2 tbsp
- Oyster sauce – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Tomato sauce – 1 tbsp
- Chicken broth – 1 cup
- Cornflour – 1 tbsp
- Spring onion – for garnishing
- Butter- 2 tbsp
- Marinate chicken pieces with salt, pepper, garlic, soy sauce, and cornflour. Keep for 30 minutes.
- Saute the chicken in a tablespoon or two of butter. You can also use other healthy fat sources such as coconut oil, or olive oil. I like to add some water and a tablespoon of butter to cook the chicken. Once the water dries up, you can increase the fire and brown the chicken pieces. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter. Saute chopped onion, garlic, and bell peppers on high flame.
- Add chili powder and salt. Saute for another minute oh high.
- Add soy sauce and tomato sauce. You can also add a tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- Toss in the sauteed chicken. Mix well.
- Add chopped spring onion and toss once more.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot.
Turmeric, Cinnamon, & Ginger Tea
This is a powerful fat burner with turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon. You can add some cloves too if desired. Honey and lemon are popular ingredients in a weight loss diet plan.
You can have this drink twice a day.
Turmeric, cinnamon, & ginger tea recipe:
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Grated ginger – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon – 2-inch piece
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1½ cups
- Simmer together chopped ginger and turmeric with cinnamon sticks in a saucepan with water.
- Strain tea through a sieve and add honey for sweetness.
- Mixing in a few drops of lemon juice adds an amazing flavor.