How do you eat adequate protein to build up those muscles? Are you bored with the bland chicken breast meals you’ve been living on?
Try out these three delicious grilled chicken breast recipes!
1. Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Wraps
This grilled chicken recipe has a marinade made with chunky peanut butter, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds, and teriyaki sauce. You can chop up the grilled chicken, add some water chestnuts and roll them up in lettuce wraps. A small serving of cooked brown rice along with the grilled chicken helps to make this a nourishing and filling meal.
- Chicken breasts -2 (cut into thin strips)
- Teriyaki sauce -3/4 cup
- Chunky peanut butter – 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp
- Red pepper flakes – 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- Crushed peanuts -50 gms
- Lettuce leaves
- Make a marinade with teriyaki sauce, peanut butter, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes. Keep aside some marinade and use the rest to marinate the chicken breasts. Keep for a minimum of 15 minutes to an hour before grilling. The longer you keep it, the more the flavors are absorbed into the chicken.
- If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for an hour before use. Grill the chicken on the skewers for 3 to 4 minutes per side. You can also grill directly on low flame without using skewers (on a grill).
- Mix crushed peanuts nuts into the remainder of the sauce and serve with the grilled chicken as a side dish.
- Serve on cleaned lettuce leaves which can be used as a wrap while eating. You can serve this with some brown rice.
2. Asian Grilled Chicken Recipe
You’ll love this recipe which uses classic Asian ingredients such as soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, ginger, and garlic. The leftover marinade is reserved and used for brushing the chicken while it’s on the grill for an even more intense Asian flavor.
- Chicken breasts -2
- Soy sauce – 4 tbsp
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Sesame oil – 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped ginger – 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped garlic – 1 tbsp
- Mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, ginger, and garlic to make the marinade. Slice chicken breast halves and marinate. Keep for 15 minutes.
- Drain the marinade from the chicken into a small saucepan. Simmer this over medium heat for 5 minutes. Set aside for basting.
- Heat the grill/pan to medium-high heat.
- Place chicken breasts and cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- You should baste the chicken frequently while grilling, using the thickened marinade, till the chicken turns a golden brown color.
3. Balsamic Grilled Chicken Breast
The marinade for this yummy-looking dish is made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and Italian seasoning. To this base, you can add ingredients of your choice, such as mustard or onion flakes. A clove or two of minced garlic and a sprinkle of fresh herbs add wonders to the flavor. Serve with a fresh green salad and some roasted potatoes.
- Chicken breasts -2
- Olive oil – 4 tbsp
- Balsamic vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Chopped garlic – 1 tbsp
- Italian seasoning – 1 tbsp
- Dijon mustard – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Black pepper – 2 tsp
- Mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, pepper, and mustard paste in a resealable plastic bag.
- Add the sliced chicken breasts. and marinate for half an hour.
- Grill the chicken, for 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Serve with roasted potatoes and a green salad.
Read more: Chicken with Mushrooms and White Wine