The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are numerous. There is scientific evidence that apple cider vinegar actually helps with fat loss. The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar (ACV) works as an appetite suppressant.It helps regulate blood sugar levels and keep them steady.
A study from the Arizona State University noted that consuming ACV prior to having a carbohydrate-filled meal a caused a decrease in blood glucose levels afterwards. A Swedish study found that people had a higher level of satiety after eating when had a ACV drink before the meal. This feeling of fullness aids fat loss by preventing cravings for high calorie snacks between meals. A Japanese study of 175 obese participants found that acetic acid speeds up fat metabolism. Reduced body weight, BMI, and body fat mass were recorded in all subject who regularly consumed the ACV drink for the period of the study.
Now you are aware of all the benefits of apple cider vinegar and have understood that it does really help with weight loss. But how do you add it to your diet? Drink a spoonful daily? Simply add it to water and drink it or are there ways to make it more beneficial and at the same time, taste better.
Well! Never drink apple cider vinegar directly as it is too strong for the body – it can damage your tooth enamel and even the tissues of the esophagus. It has to be diluted in water. Here are 7 ways to make ACV drinks that not only look inviting, but tastes good too.
This great weight loss tonic is the simplest recipe on the list.
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- Combine all the ingredients together in a tall glass and mix until the honey is completely dissolved.
- Drink immediately and then rinse your teeth to protect it from the vinegar.
This tart, refreshing drink is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C.
- 2 ounces pure cranberry juice
- 1 – 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 – 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 – 10 ounces water
- Mix them all together and have a glassful 15 to 20 minutes before meals.
Research studies suggest that red and purple grape juices provide some of the same heart benefits of red wine, including reducing low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and helping maintain a healthy blood pressure
- 1 1/2 cup of cold filtered water
- 2 tbs of apple or grape juice
- 2 tbs of raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of stevia (powdered) if using liquid you only need a few drops.
- Mix all liquids together
- Add the cinnamon and mix well
- The stevia is optional, you can either skip it or add honey instead.
Ginger is a well known for its aid to digestion and treatment for inflammation. It is also a beneficial addition to weight-loss programs that are aimed at reducing belly fat and improving metabolism.
- 1 glass of warm or hot water (12-16 oz.)
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½-1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw, local honey (optional)
- Warm the water.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Drink it while it is still warm.
This spicy drink is an excellent home remedy for colds. It can also be used as an everyday health tonic. This ACV drink will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- 10-11 peeled and lightly mashed cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- Simmer the peeled and mashed garlic in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes. Strain.
- Stir into the strained liquid apple cider vinegar, the juice of 1 lemon, and at least 4 tablespoons honey.
- Drink 2-3 times daily as needed.
This is a nutritious and filling green smoothie that includes apple cider vinegar.
- 1 ½ oz baby spinach
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 apple – chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp walnuts
- 1 cup water
- Put all ingredients together in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Add some crushed ice, if you desire.
Green tea is one of the healthiest beverages on the planet. It is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on the body, including improved brain function and fat loss.
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 230 ml of green tea
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Finely sliced ginger
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
- Make tea as ever before, and add them to the cup and the remaining ingredients.
- Let the ginger stand longer to get more intense flavor.
- Before you drink, you can strain and remove the ginger from the cup
With a Masters in Food Science and Nutrition, Tilottama has carved a niche for herself in the Health Writing Industry. She is passionate about helping her readers make informed decisions about the food they eat. She believes in the healing power of food and in food as medicine. Tilottama is an editor and writer at Fitnesshacks.org.