The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are numerous. There is scientific evidence that apple cider vinegar actually helps with fat loss.
The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar (ACV) works as an appetite suppressant. It helps regulate blood sugar levels and keeps them steady.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
A study from Arizona State University noted that consuming ACV prior to having a carbohydrate-filled meal caused a decrease in blood glucose levels afterward. A Swedish study found that people had a higher level of satiety after eating when had an ACV drink before the meal. This feeling of fullness aids fat loss by preventing cravings for high-calorie snacks between meals.
A Japanese study of 175 obese participants found that acetic acid speeds up fat metabolism. Reduced body weight, BMI, and body fat mass were recorded in all subjects who regularly consumed the ACV drink for the period of the study.
Now you are aware of all the benefits of apple cider vinegar and have understood that it does really help with weight loss. But how do you add it to your diet? Drink a spoonful daily? Simply add it to water and drink it? Are there ways to make it more beneficial and at the same time, taste better?
Well! Never drink apple cider vinegar directly as it is too strong for the body – it can damage your tooth enamel and even the tissues of the esophagus. It has to be diluted in water. Here are 7 ways to make ACV drinks that not only look inviting but taste good too.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey Drink
This great weight loss tonic is the simplest recipe on the list.
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- Combine all the ingredients together in a tall glass and mix until the honey is completely dissolved.
- Drink immediately and then rinse your teeth to protect them from the vinegar.
2. Cranberry and Apple Cider Drink
This tart, refreshing drink is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C.
- 2 ounces of pure cranberry juice
- 1 – 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 – 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 – 10 ounces of water
- Mix them all together and have a glassful 15 to 20 minutes before meals.
3. Sweetened Raw Apple Cider Vinegar Elixir
Research studies suggest that red and purple grape juices provide some of the same heart benefits as red wine, including reducing low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and helping maintain a healthy blood pressure
- 1 1/2 cups of cold filtered water
- 2 tbsp of apple or grape juice
- 2 tbs of raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of stevia (powdered) if using liquid you only need a few drops.
- Mix all liquids together
- Add the cinnamon and mix well
- The stevia is optional, you can either skip it or add honey instead.
4. Secret Detox Drink Recipe
Ginger is well known for its aid in digestion and the treatment of inflammation. It is also a beneficial addition to weight-loss programs that are aimed at reducing belly fat and improving metabolism.
- 1 glass of warm or hot water (12-16 oz.)
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½-1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw, local honey (optional)
- Warm the water.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Drink it while it is still warm.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar, Garlic and Lemon Drink
This spicy drink is an excellent home remedy for colds. It can also be used as an everyday health tonic. This ACV drink will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- 10-11 peeled and lightly mashed cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- Simmer the peeled and mashed garlic in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes. Strain.
- Stir into the strained liquid apple cider vinegar, the juice of 1 lemon, and at least 4 tablespoons of honey.
- Drink 2-3 times daily as needed.
6. Spiced Cinnamon Apple Cider Vinegar
This is a nutritious and filling green smoothie that includes apple cider vinegar.
- 1 ½ oz baby spinach
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 apple – chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp walnuts
- 1 cup water
- Put all ingredients together in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Add some crushed ice, if you desire.
7. Green Tea and Apple Cider Vinegar
Green tea is one of the healthiest beverages on the planet. It is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on the body, including improved brain function and fat loss.
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 230 ml of green tea
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Finely sliced ginger
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
- Make tea as ever before, and add them to the cup and the remaining ingredients.
- Let the ginger stand longer to get a more intense flavor.
- Before you drink, you can strain and remove the ginger from the cup.
Read more: 9 Scientifically Proven Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar