Keto friendly, gluten free, paleo – whatever diet you are on, this recipe for “Grilled Fish with Lemon Butter Sauce” is a must in your collection.
This continental dish is best made with basa or halibut. Garlic, pepper, lemon, butter and olive oil combine together to flavour the fish fillets and form a delicate and velvety sauce that really makes your mouth water. Garlic and pepper are spices that have many health benefits.
Serve with a big helping of a versatile salads using carrot and beans. This is guaranteed to help you lose weight and stay fit, if it’s a regular on your menu as a part of a low carbohydrate or a ketogenic diet.
Grilled Fish with Lemon Butter Sauce
- Fish fillets – 4
- Butter,melted – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Minced garlic – 1 tbsp
- Chopped parsley/ coriander leaves -1 tbsp
- Salt and ground black pepper -as per taste
- Red chilli flakes – 1 teaspoon [optional]
- Olive oil – 1/2 teaspoon per fillet
- Mix together ingredient 2 to 7 in a bowl to make the marinade.
- Rub the fish fillets with the marinade.
- Cover and keep in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Brush a little olive oil over the fish fillets, on both sides.
- Grill 7 to 10 minutes per side, until the fish can easily be flaked using a fork.
- Serve topped with lemon butter sauce and freshly chopped coriander leaves along with a side of steamed vegetables.
Ingredients for Lemon Butter Sauce:
- Butter- 1/2 cup or 125 gms
- Lemon juice -4 tbsp
- Garlic cloves-4 minced
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves -1 tsp
- Melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add chopped garlic and saute for a minute.
- Now add the lemon juice, salt, pepper and the coriander leaves. Allow it to boil.
- Stir and cook on low flame for about 10 minutes.
With a Masters in Food Science and Nutrition, Tilottama has carved a niche for herself in the Health Writing Industry. She is passionate about helping her readers make informed decisions about the food they eat. She believes in the healing power of food and in food as medicine. Tilottama is an editor and writer at Fitnesshacks.org.