As I continue on my quest for practical and delicious keto recipes, here is another nugget I have unearthed. Keto dosa or savoury keto crepes that taste as good as the authentic dosa, if not better.
This thin keto crepe or pancake opens up a whole new world of possibilities for those on a ketogenic diet – sandwiches, pizza, burritos, tacos, nachos, use them to layer lasagnas…the variety is limited only by your imagination.
Keto Dosa or Savoury Keto Crepe Recipe
- Almond Flour – 2 Tbsp
- Shredded Mozzarella – 2 Tbsp [15 gms]
- Coconut Milk – 2 Tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cumin powder – a pinch
- Asafoetida (optional) – a pinch
- Mix all ingredients together to make a thick batter.
- Heat a wide frying pan or a dosa tawa.
Pour the batter on it and spread out in circles to make the dosa.
- Sprinkle some ghee generously over the dosa.
- You can grate more cheese on the top to give it a cheesier flavour. or you can sprinkle some chopped tomatoes, onion and green chillies to turn it into an uttapam.
- Cook on medium heat till the bottom browns to a golden color and the dosa is well cooked.
- Do not flip over. Simply fold in half and transfer to the serving plate
- Serve hot with the coconut chutney.
Note: the recipe is best followed as it is. But you can still make the following substitutions is you wish.
- You can substitute the mozzarella with 2 tbsp of beaten egg
- You can use almond milk or heavy whipping cream instead of coconut milk.
- You can use these as taco shells or as wrapping for shawarmas.
- You can add a spoonful of yoghurt to the batter for a more authentic dosa taste.
- Flax seeds can be ground up and added or flax seed powder.
Recipe credit: Headbangers kitchen